Site Feed



Friday, March 17, 2006

Intermezzo 7: A La Carte Emotion

Another purple, red dawn...
I dip my soul in her cafe au lait...
This blues infuses my emotion...
A merry toast to today...
Jamming myself in this aroma...
A similar, familiar aroma...
An aroma I'm fed up with...
Yet I long for and linger with...
Another red, purple dusk...
I stir myself in this smooth danish pastries...
A soulful gift that embraces her pink cheeck...
Yet a lazy evening we shall face...
Biting my lips in confusion...
Wanting to escape to that meadow...
A green, virgin meadow with handsome stallion...
Yet reality bite me to sorrow...
Another purple, red dawn...
I'm frozen into a sweet, raspberry ice cream...
Eager to satisfy her mouth and passion...
A sappy way to ignore my dream...
Twisted in this passion...
Is it a passion or a mere lust?
Tangled in my own premonition...
That dull aroma vanishes and that meadow morphs into a desert...

Fari Nasution @ Washington, D.C., March 2006

[This is just my way of saying that I'm hungry while listening to Terry Callier's "No More Blues". I know it sounds silly. But the weather in Washington, D.C. sucks! I was enjoying the sunny, cool breeze of spring when suddenly it turns back to winter, and plus it's cloudy outside. The sky is gray. I actually created this poem this morning, around 10:00 AM but I decided to hold it back for a while so I can upload "No More Blues" as well. Probably then you can grasp the emotion that lies underneath the poem and the song. Sigh, you can never trust weather.

Another lazy day at the office. Only few people here, the "grand manager" isn't even here. My co-worker who used to share her works with isn't here yet. The good thing is that, today's Friday, I get to wear short sleeves and jeans to office. Tomorrow, a whole day of wushu practice: barehand, short-weapon (broadsword), and long-weapon (staff) forms. I still can't do the staff's figure-8 and upper-cut right because of the trauma getting my left eye poked (or precisely hit). I thought my left eye would be blind for sure (20 minutes of having blurry visions on your red left eye that kept on shedding tears surely is freaky. I'd rather get my other parts of body hit by a staff instead of my eyes.). Since then, I always wear my glasses (which I rarely wear) whenever I practice with staff. Anyway, should I do tai-chi too? It's been a while since I did tai-chi as I don't wanna mess up my wushu forms (these forms are getting complicated once you're in the intermediate level and they expect a lot from you as if you were a professional wushu athlete.) On the other hand, I feel kinda guilty to my tai-chi instructor, it seems that I'm sort of a moody student.

Oh, one more thing, the theme of next week's American Idol is "The Music of the 50s". I think Elliott should sing The Platter's "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" (or The Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody". But I don't like this song.). It perfectly suits his vocal character. Anyway peeps, enjoy your weekend!]



    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 10:06 AM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::