Site Feed



Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Finally, Spring is in the Air...

Finally, one of my two favorite seasons is here (at least is getting here.). The weather has been nice these couple of days (but it's very cloudy and windy today *sigh*), you can see flowers are growing. But I hate the scent of flowers growing. They smell weird, sorta like rotten, grilled shrimps and FYI, I hate seafoods! (but I love sushi and sashimi.) I can't wait to see the annual cherry-blossom festival next month. I wannabe a part of it though, just don't know to who I should report.

Finally, got something to do in the office. Yesterday, I offered a colleague of mine for help, and I ended up helping her with some stuffs. She's gonna give me more today. No more endless internet browsing, no more downloading weird software. BTW, I was a software admin when I started to work here back in October 2005. Now I've moved to a different subdivision, but I still retained that admin right until couple of days ago. I installed ARES (a peer-to-peer software.) and iTunes so I can download new songs and upload these songs to my iPod. But I forgot that as a big organization, World Bank has a sophisticated IT control and technical support.

Finally, a couple of days ago, I got a call from the IT technical support and they took over the control of my PC to scan for virus and spyrware in my PC. They said that they noticed some suspicious activities like on my PC, some sort of spyware activities. They found ARES and Yahoo! Messenger in my PC and demanded that I remove these software. Not long after that, they sent someone over and he removed ARES (I haven't had the chance to do it.) from my PC and he revoked my admin right as well =( But he was kind enough to let me have Yahoo! Messenger and iTunes in my PC (he said that these software have nothing to do with virus and spyware activities.). There go ARES and my admin right =( (*sigh* Now I can't install anything without permission and I can't download any song.) BTW, my job at this subdivision doesn't need me to do any sort of those software technical support thingies, so an admin right isn't that necessary. Well, I think that's a lesson I need to learn =p

Finally, spring is in the air, and just like what MINMI says in her song "Song of Four Seasons" (the original title is "Shiki no Uta".), "haru wo tsuge odoridasu sansai" (Translation: "Spring is announced when the wild plants break out in a dance".). I love this song a lot. I've been listening to this song over and over again for two weeks in a row! (to me, the appeal of this song defeats any other song I currently have in my iPod.) I love the idea of combining jazz and R&B, and I also love the poetic, symbolic lyric. If I had the chance to make an album, I wanted all the lyrics to be poetic and symbolic, but not cheesy. It just sounds unique, so classy, and very artistic. About the song, this may sound kinda bizarre, but whenever I listen to this song, it reminds me of Atlanta. This is because when I went there a week ago, I listened to this song everywhere I go, everytime, anywhere. This song really makes me wanna live in Atlanta, while this song is actually the ending theme of an outstanding anime, Samurai Champloo. Anyway, hope life will treat us better this spring.



    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 9:46 AM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::