Site Feed



Wednesday, March 08, 2006

American Idol 5: Go-Go-Go Mandisa!

First of all, don't forget to turn off the music played on the right section of this page.

Did you see the video above? Then read my next review. Last night, I rushed myself back home to watch the Female competition on American Idol. Surprisingly, all the female contestants were so lame last night. Except for one person, Mandisa Hundley, a 28-year old gospel singer from Antioch, Tennessee. The previous contestants were so lame that I could dare myself to leave the living room and check some e-mails. But this girl, I mean woooowww, her entry was even engaging (notice that she said "Now All the Ladies and bla..bla..bla...."), and her performance was fabulous and enthusiastic. She seemed to have fun with the song that she sang. I wish I could perform like that, the last thing I remember about my last 2 performances was that I always trembling out of getting nervous before going on stage =p The result, sometimes my voice starts to shake along due to being nervous. Okay, back to Mandisa, despite her size (I mean her jumbo size), I love this girl! =) Her version of Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" was trully fantastic, even better than Whitney Houston's version that appeared as the original soundtrack of the famous movie "The Bodyguard".

Her performance last night gave me the chills and I unconsciously stood up and applauded her (sorta giving her a standing ovation, but from my living room? Duh! =p). Notice that Paula Abdul jumped out of her chair, and Simon Cowell praised her by saying that her performance would make other female contestants hate her and it was one of the performances that he would rewind on his TiVo machine =) I believe that this babe can get to the top 5 too, but given the option to choose between Mandisa and Elliott Yamin, uhmm, I really don't know which one to choose. I'm confused =p I love Elliott as the male contestant since his vocal technique is obviously similar to mine, so I can really relate to him. This is a personal opinion, but I think those who made it to the top 20 of any talent show contest are extremely talented people. The only thing that could throw them away from this kind of competition is their choice of the song, whether that song really suits the singer's original voice and character. Those who had been thrown away on this season's top 24 contestants just had bad luck on choosing which song to perform, at least that's what I think. You pick the wrong song, then goodbye my love =p (or you just booked yourself a plane ticket back home, just like what Simon Cowell said to several female contestants last night =p) Anyway peeps, vote for Mandisa Hundley too! =)



    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 12:43 PM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::