Site Feed



Monday, April 03, 2006

Dear Laptop....

To my dear laptop...
You've been a great company for these (almost) past 3 years...
I remember the first day you arrived at my apartment, August 2003...
You sang me my favorite mp3s...
You showed me my favorite clips...
You entertained me whenever I was bored...

You helped me get those As or A-s...
You were the reason I got 2 B-s (PC games =p)...
You helped me communicate with my loved ones...
Now you're just a piece of crap...
No power, broken motherboard, frozen and locked hard drive...
I apologize my love, but I gotta replace you for the sake of my sanity...

[my laptop is officialy broken now.....=( It started two weeks ago when all of the sudden, my laptop continued to shut down by itself. The battery was running critically low, no electric to power this gadget. I thought the problem was the AC adapter, like a loose chord or something. I patiently held and shook the chord everytime I turned my laptop on (at first, it only took like 10 seconds to shake the chord and get the power to the laptop. After a couple of days, it took me 5 minutes to shake the chord and reshake the chord every 10 minutes and so on.). One day, last Friday, I thought that it would be better to buy a new AC adapter (I was running out of patience to shake the chord for 5 minutes every 15 minutes or so.). There went my $78 for a piece of new 70 Watt, Targus AC Adapter. The damn thing kept on loosing power even with the new AC adapter. Called the Dell Service Support (my laptop is Dell Inspiron, but I forgot the exact series. Guess I never paid that particular attention to my dear laptop, didn't I? =p), and the diagnosis was to replace the laptop's motherboard which could cost me somewhere around $500! *sigh*

The day after that, Saturday, I needed to entertain myself after a long day of wushu practice and the Indonesian fashion-show cherry-blossom festival rehearsal. Got home at 5:00 PM with an empty stomach, then grabbed myself some McDonalds' and turned my laptop on. This thing now showed blue screen everytime I turned it on, even when I tried to switch it to Window's Safe Mode. Got some emergency here, I rushed to Fairfax's Microcenter, a digital and computer shop like CompUSA but much cheaper, with my laptop in the bag around 6:00 PM. Paid $85 for diagnostic fee *double sigh*, and waited for like 2 hours! The technician (oddly enough, looks like the blonde version of Maroon5's Adam Levine?!?) finally gave up and I got 80% refund (somewhere around $60 to $70 refund) and was suggested to buy a new laptop. The motherboard is broken and the hard drive is locked up, even scan disk can't seem to work. Luckily I bought a Seagate 120 GB External Hard Drive and moved all my important data (except my MBA courses data. St. Louis' peeps, to whoever has my MBA courses CD, can you please send to my current home address a copy of the CD containing my MBA courses data? Thanks, I really appreciate it.), mp3 files, and clips to that external hard drive, one year ago. A pretty good investment don't you think? But still, I have to prepare myself to spend somewhere between $700 and $1,500 *triple sigh*]

Parody version of Engelbert Humperdinck's "There Goes My Everything"
There goes my reason for living,
There goes the one of my dreams,
There goes my only possession,
There goes my sweet laptop.


    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 12:17 PM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::