Site Feed



Wednesday, October 12, 2005

1 Hour to Go: 1st Day of Work

Pufffhhh, hungry, thirsty, sleepy, everything in one (just like those shampoo sold in a mini market. Two-in-One or Three-in-One shampoo =p). I never thought it's gonna be so boring, that I have posted on this blog, three articles already! *lol* I came late today, I overslept. I was supposed to be here at 9:00 AM, but I woke up at 8:25 AM. You can imagine how long it takes from Fairfax, VA to downtown Washington D.C. Sekar reminded me of how I was supposed to be in my office at 9:00 AM sharp. I took a shower in a flash, still I missed the 8:46 AM Fairfax Cue Bus. There was a slight sprinkles outside this morning. Luckily, Sekar's Dad, Oom Marfi, arrived home at 9:07 AM, so instead of waiting for the 9:20 AM Cue Bus, I politely asked him (yes, he just dropped his daughter off to school. But I really, desperately needed a ride.) to drop me off at Vienna Metro Station. It took 12 minutes by car from home to Vienna Metro Station. I took the metro subway there, it took about 35 minutes to get to my office.

I arrived exactly at 10:00 AM, on time according to the new rescheduling appointment (I called my supervisor earlier and apologized for my coming late and asked for an appointment rescheduling). A pass had been waiting for me at the security lobby (unlike yesterday, when I came too early, 8:00 AM, and got stuck waiting on the security lobby for 3 hours since all my supervisors were out of the office), I went straight up to the 12th floor and met her (my supervisor) right away. We discussed a lot of things, she mostly introduced me to the office internal systems and how things are done here in the office. The introduction took about 40 minutes only and lasted at some time around 10:40 AM. And then, here I was until now (when I'm writing this article), all on my own, trying to get a grip of what have been going on or what have been done in the past. It is interesting to see how they organize all their forms and templates so that they don't need to "reinvent the wheel". Each of the projects differ by their nature only, the way they are preserved and compiled is the same. I received the anticipated work program for year 2006, compiled quarterly, and because of their effort, it's easy to understand the pattern of their works (but I don't think I need to understand what they have been doing so far and in the past).

This is pretty much a job which has similar tasks to what I've been doing and trained so far during my M.B.A. program. I think I shouldn't struggle too much. But I hope I am not over self-confident as I'm dealing with this. Earlier this morning I was told that I will be involved in a software package project on this late November. I am gonna be in a training session for 3 days, starting on November 28. Ho..ho..ho... This means no thanksgiving holidays for you mister...=) Besides, I need to get my act together. I don't wanna quit my wushu training (I just wanna reduce the amount of it depending on my schedule) and I need to start filling those Ph.D. application forms and start making essays or statement of purpose (hey, that's what I'm here for). On November 12, I will take the official GMAT test at George Mason University Testing Center. It seems that November is gonna be a busy month for me...=) Anyway my dear readers, I gotta go back to what I've been doing before, resuming my self introduction to the works of my team. Au revoir.


    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 3:38 PM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::