Site Feed



Monday, October 10, 2005

The Elegy of a Foolish Journey

The HutIt is like playing with fire, you will get burned, some say
I ran in a dark forest with one of my precious jewels
A special jewel that in my opinion can light and shine my way
A special jewel that I notice long ago
But was kept out of my reach on the top of my closet
I chose this jewel only, as its shine shall guide me out of the forest
I seem to forget how fragile jewels are


BushesIt is like playing with a sharp knife, you shall get cut, some say
I held it too firm in my palm
I extended it too high in a hope to light my way
The jewel started to crack
Lord, it is not even half of the journey!
How can I get through these thick thorny bushes, these venomous spider webs?
How foolish I am, I realize I am not well prepared


ForestIt is like playing with water, you will be wet, some say
I brought this jewel with me
But I left my sword, my armor, my torch and my stallion at my hut
How naive I am
The crack expanded, it finally brake and scattered all over the forest
How outrageous this is, I am devastated and very embarrassed of myself
I do not know whether to go on or to collect the pieces of the jewel


WalkingIt is like feeding a hungry wild beast, you find yourself in trouble, some say
I collect these remaining pieces in a hope that I can assemble it
It is so precious that I do not have the heart to surrender it
I hold the pieces in my palm, but they are so sharp, they wound my palm
No more light to shine my way out of the forest
My face is covered by dust and spider webs
My arms and feet are wounded by the thick thorny bushes


RandomI am a mess, inside and outside
I am bleeding but my heart bleeds even vigorously
I was so blinded by the shine of the jewel that I ignored the mists
The mists have long ago sting my eyes, even before I enter the forest
They warned me about the forest but I insist to walk in with a naive self confidence
Now I realize, even if they sting my eyes, their fresh breeze gives me peace
They help me find my way out, indirectly though, I feel the air moves and their breeze guiding me


MistsI am not completely out of the forest
The bloods dry out, my wound starts to recover, but still I am a mess
My palm is still bleeding, I still insist to hold the remaining pieces of the jewel
It is a long journey, but now I have the mists to guide me
I am still confused which to choose, I see so many spots of light at the faraway
I have to assemble this jewel and present it to Their Majesties, the King and the Queen
Yes, this is a special jewel
How foolish I am to play with it

Pictures Sources:
- http://home.teleport.com/~hsimante/pictures/early69.jpg
- http://rhinoplex.org/np/paintings/images/painted%20works%20006_jpg.jpg
- http://www.sterlingtimes.org/morland24_gathering_sticks.jpg
- http://www.kleefeldart.com/paintings/2004_StudyForTheWalk_l.jpg
- http://collazo.org/paintings/images/the_magic_is_back.jpg
- http://www.misterw.com/img/paintings/p013b.jpg



    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 12:56 PM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::