Site Feed



Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Restless: The Maiden and Her Unicorn

It's been a week that I don't have stable bedtime. I sleep whenever I feel I want to, and wake up whenever I am distracted. Actually, I often have difficult time trying to get myself to sleep, but once I start to sleep, it will last at least seven hours! (and not to mention the melodious snore I produce)

And again, it happens. It is 4:00 AM St. Louis time when I write this article. The laptop and MP3s seem to separate me and my bed. They seem to beg for more attention! If it's not because of them, it will be that my imagination lurking back and forth in my mind. Yes, I know, I am a very imaginative person. Well, take a look at what I have in mind right now.

[And the maiden floats gayly toward the unicorn. I lost her fragrance and was left alone in a desert. Dust and sands occupied my eyes. I lost her. She has crossed the river and now heads to the meadow. I could still catch her glimpse riding the cheval. Her fine white robe matches perfectly with the silver-white unicorn. With the unicorn as her ride, she enters the meadow and is greeted by a shower of cherry blossoms. She won the struggle of crossing the desert of sin. Ah, how could I lose to a maiden much younger than I am? Why can't I wipe the dust and sands off from my eyes? Why am I so blind?]



The maiden and her unicorn



Okay, let's talk about my interpretation of this short paragraph and how it came from. This imagination came as I repeatedly listen to Ryuichi Sakamoto's Rain. The light yet fast beat of the instrument preserves me with a vivid imagination as though I am trying to reach for something precious as well as trying to free myself from burdens and problems. Well, what is my precious thing to reach in life? Of course, building a family and work for the sake of my family. What is my burden? Laziness :-) And the fact that I've been wanting any fine thing in this world (as though I want to grab the world in the palm of my hand). Or you could say that the precious thing is faith, the consciousness of the existence of God. And what are the burdens, the typical burdens that block human kinds from their precious One? The ego of the human kinds and the materialistic passions of the world! ;-) When human thinks he/she is on the top of the world, he/she forgets who he/she is.

Anyway, I forget that as a human, or obviously a daytime creature, I need some time to sleep. I am not a nocturnal creature :-) Well, some other time, I will continue to share with you my imagination or issues concerning myself and my surrounding. Good night everyone, have a pleasant dream.

Picture source:
- The Art of Kevin Wasden


    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 4:00 AM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::