Site Feed



Tuesday, November 23, 2004

This Ain't No Vacation

Hi all,

Some of you may know that I'm currently at Washington DC, spending my thanksgiving break (although that means skipping two classes ;-p) with my family. Well, this is actually my 5th visit during my study here in the States, or my 6th visit in my lifetime. I always escape myself to DC whenever I have at least a week break, away from the place I consider related to my routinity (being in the place related to my routinity somehow gives me some sort of depression). But once I got here, all I could do was sleeping because of those **m* elixirs that I took (when I'm sick/ill, I'll take any kind of medicine to get myself recover A.S.A.P.) An interesting fact is that I come here with lots of textbooks and a laptop to do my paper assignments, catch up with my classes (the end of the semester is coming up, final exams await). Then how can you call it a vacation when most of the time, I have to study database, production & operations management, do my independent study paper, research for data warehouse assignment, etc.? I even neglect my piano lesson for the past two days (Sorry Koko, but you do agree that academic affair should be the top priority don't you?).

In my spare time, such as the previous weekend, I visited 3 houses, Eid ul-Fitr open houses. Unlike last year visit, this time I get to befriended with these 3 siblings around my age. Well, not exactly around my age, the oldest guy is 22, the middle girl is 20, and the youngest girl is 19. Talk about being "cengok" last year, the people my family usually meet are either too old for me or too young for me. Even I can't tune myself in their leisure conversations. There are around one or two thousand Indonesians in DC metropolitan area (this area covers Northern parts of Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland).

Not to mention this sore throat, great, I couldn't sleep at all last night. I went to bed at 2:30 AM DC time (that means 1:30 AM St. Louis time), and I was still awake until 8:30 AM because of this ticklish sore throat (I had to cough it out, otherwise my throat hurts so bad). And then I woke up with a slight headache today, around 1:45 PM DC time. Oh well, hope you guys have a great week, just look at the bright side, thanksgiving break is coming up (unlike me, who started his own break since last Thursday ;-p). No sources available this time (this one came straight from my heart and mind). Talk to you guys later.


    :: posted by Fari Nasution @ 4:20 PM :: :: ::


    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan

    << Home



:: You're listening to my IMEEM Playlist ::






:: My Facebook Profile ::

Fari Nasution's Facebook Profile

:: World Map of Blog Visit ::

Locations of visitors to this page

My Random Journey and Passions

Powered by FeedBurner

:: Subscribe to This Blog ::
 
:: Blog Updates by Bot A Blog :: Powered by BotABlog

Powered by Google.com


World Wide Web
My Random Journey & Passions

:: Is my Blog HOT or NOT? ::


:: You are Visitor # ::